Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Relieving depression with shamanic divination


I use my Journey Oracle cards to guide me toward clarification and understanding when I am depressed about a situation that I cannot change.  Something I love is missing, and it is not in my power to call it home, and this loss makes me feel sad and listless.
I asked the oracle cards to show me how to be with this situation and drew this card.  I see a baby deer partially hidden by bushes, its body blending into the colors of its surroundings. In the background is a beautiful flush of sunrise tones that reflect on the face of the fawn.  This hidden child is alert and attentive, staring out of the oracle card with a steady confident gaze rather than with fear. This is an image of my situation. I next read the teachings of the Oracle text about my situation of depression over loss.


suit:  TREE MONTH          card name:  FEARN / ALDER          #14

These five sentences deepened the meaning of the image of my situation.
This situation began by getting ready.
The prevailing energy of this situation is rising up. 
The core energy pattern of this situation is comfortable.
The Mother of this situation is beauty.
The Father of this situation is not thinking. 

I next turned the card over and gazed into the picture on the question side of the card. Here I see another baby deer image, but this time the fawn looks distressed in its expression and is surrounded by an alarming intensity of bright blood red color. This is my relationship to the situation. These five sentences deepened the meaning.


Your relationship to the prevailing energy is confusion.
Your perception of the situation is dappled. 
The impact of your perception is streaked or flecked. 
The connection between the core energy pattern and the situation is felt as a scrape.
The momentum of this situation is fed by no fire.


I was told by the Oracle that a relationship with tenacity is the support that will guide me.   I was shown to gaze again at the question side of the card and to read the question aloud.
 Do I have first aid?
The Oracle asked how is this word an answer to the question?    float


I continued my divination reading, this time asking for advice about changing my depression over loss. These sentences deepened the meaning about change coming into my situation.
The power needed to shift this situation will be a jagged sound.
Change will come by recognizing a lie.
Your relationship to the change in this situation is proceeding sideways.
The moment of letting go into the change will smell of decay.
The concern to be avoided within this change will taste overcooked.

These sentences deepened meaning about the transformation resulting from change.
The wisdom that access is possible will empower the transformation. 
Completed transformation will be felt as a quality both wild and tame.

I turned back to the phrase side of the card and understood that this phrase is guidance from Divine Will:
HARDSHIP  AVERTED

 To conclude this Oracle reading I read this guidance from the Oracle.  These phrases echoed in my situation in a way that helped me understand how to relive my depression by seeing that the loss of what I love is temporary, and although difficult, has been necessary in order to take care of this missing child of my heart
a difficult day, taking care of the child
accidents from inattention
domesticity
fragile energy in being sweet


I will allow time to reflect and integrate so that wisdom will be revealed by feeling the truth of the Oracle in my own way. I hope that by sharing this reading with you I have helped you work through depression using shamanic divination.