Wednesday, April 2, 2014

How to resolve conflict with Oracle messages

I feel much better now, but this afternoon I was pretty burned about a co-worker who came to me after a meeting to offer criticism about my participation.  I know its important to be a good listener and not cut off others, but this co-worker seems to come with his critique of my behavior after every meeting. So what to do?  Instead of be angry I decided to do a Journey Oracle reading about this situation.  The first card I drew is an image of the situation--its setting and protagonists--just like in the beginning of a dream.


I learned from this image: the Oracle of Samhain (Halloween), that this meeting was about a big situation with big energy. The themes being talked about in the meeting were about "red" issues; about values of basic survival. So of course we were all tense about making ourselves understood and being heard.


I asked the Oracle to show me my experience in this situation, just like a dream has a plot of increasing complexity and uncertain outcomes.  This card of the August full moon, named Corn, looked like I was trying to stay safe inside my talking, by holding my light close in and protected.  From this aspect of the Oracle I learned that the exterior support for me in this situation was loving kindness, which immediately began to change my anger into compassion for everyone wanting to stay safe.


When I focused on  change in this situation, which like in a dream is that moment when everything shifts and the story transforms, I drew the card for the January full moon: Ice.  This is one of the most powerful images to me in the Journey Oracle card deck, because I dislike it so much.  The image is full of unattractive insecurity and worry, which is just what I need to change.

  
The fourth card I drew shows the resolution of my situation, and represents the full moon in February: the Hunger Moon.  This is an image of the culminating moment in a dream when my unconscious mind grasps what will resolve the tensions and uncertainties that are unfolding.  In this situation with my co-worker, the meaningful aspects of this Oracle identity are emergence, growth, and survival.  I learned from the teaching story connected to this card that I must "go inside the bone" of my own council, and when there "stand still and receive" my own view of the situation, instead of speaking to cover up my insecurity.   

At the conclusion of this Journey Oracle reading, I find that my co-worker has given me an opportunity to see myself more clearly, and I really do feel better.