Thursday, October 2, 2014

Spirit beings living in your house



I have been helping a woman understand her experience with inorganic spirit beings that are apparently living in her house.  Last night I received a dream that brought me insight for understanding the spirit world.  James Hillman wrote about not interpreting or analyzing dreams, but instead, entering into their atmosphere in order to understand their meaning.  I am using images from the Journey Oracle card deck to illustrate the atmosphere of this dream. Here is the dream:


I am aware there is a small person-like creature nearby, maybe kept in a glass box on a high shelf for my safety, and I am afraid it will get out.


I see the door in the side of the box is open, and the box is empty, but now I feel accepting rather than alarmed.  Whatever is happening, is happening.


I am gathering up five animals: three cats and two small dogs that I am going to take with me in my car since I am looking after them.  A woman friend is counting out bowls of water and kibble to make sure I have enough for all. One of the cats so dislikes dogs that she jumps out of the roof of the car and has to be brought back. Now the cats are in carriers and the dogs are one each in the front and back seats.


Next the scene changes and I am in a small white room with swinging doors.  A pair of hands reaches through and I feel great fear for a moment, thinking this is the frightening person creature from the glass box, but then in walks an old love of mine from years ago and I am so happy to see he is back and still handsome.


Again the scene shifts and the police are looking about for the small person creature.  I see a small dark-haired child, crafty like a street kid, hiding behind an ironing board.  He slowly backs out of the space holding the board in front, and escapes.  I say to myself, “I didn't think I would come to admire that boy, but I do.”  I wake feeling happy that he got away.

So what are some of the sensations of this dream that create its atmosphere?  Fear giving way to acceptance; having help to take care of what is with me; anticipating harm but discovering love; being happy at another’s daring good luck.  As I ponder these feelings, I realize the atmosphere of the dream is teaching me about how to understand the experience of the spirit beings from that world trying to manage in this world.