Thursday, December 4, 2014

Audio instructions for the Journey Oracle cards


I have recently recorded spoken instructions for the Journey Oracle cards, and how this new way of working with the Oracle came about is its own story of a journey.  My friend Oriane Lee Johnston and I were talking about the cards, and although I don't quite remember how the conversation came to this moment--Oriane Lee responded with lots of enthusiasm, "You should make an audio version of these instructions.  People will enjoy hearing you, and besides, it's much easier to work with these cards when listening, better than reading."


Like much of the creation of the Journey Oracle across these past 23 years--it was someone else's inspired moment that moved my effort to the next step. What a good idea Lee has, but how? And so began a journey exploring how to make a recording with no equipment but the Avid microphone I use to record my drums on youtube.  I decided I didn't have the experience or expertise to make the master recording myself so I camped at the studio of my neighbor Bruce Hipkin for three days while he worked some considerable magic with his state of the art computer programs. My speaking was cleared and normalized and put through filters with names like "low shelf" and "high pass."  The result is a remarkable flow of spoken words that are quite hypnotic in their clarity and rhythm.


If you already have a Journey Oracle card set you can choose from several versions for obtaining the audio instructions.  You can go to this link http://cdbaby.com/cd/kristenscholfieldsweet2  and download the album, where you can also listen to all the tracks in their entirety for free.  My favorite version is for you to email me with your mailing address and say that you have a Journey Oracle deck.  I will send you a download card that will allow you to put the album on your computer, ipad, phone or m3p player.


 If you are planning to purchase a Journey Oracle card and book set, the download card will be included.  Thanks Lee, it was a great idea!