Sunday, November 27, 2016

What is synchronicity?


Oracle cards use synchronicity rather than statements of logic or reason to create meaning.  But what is synchronicity?  Oracle card interpretation is a knowing that comes from links between apparently unrelated ideas, events and objects.

Here is an example.  I am thinking of a situation for which I want some advice.  I have agreed to a project and now that it is underway, I think I am not really qualified. I feel inadequate to do the personal contact required.  So I draw this Journey oracle card.


The image immediately draws my attention because of the person's thoughtful, awake expression. When I look up this oracle card in the Journey Oracle book, I suddenly have an insight.  This oracle card asks me this question: "Will you listen?"  I connect my anxiety about not knowing to the sensation I feel from this question--which says to me it is better to just listen, than to begin a conversation as an authority.

When working with synchronicity, it is always good to resist conclusions and judgments.  How synchronicity works eludes explanation, and cannot be understood using cause and reason.


So I draw another oracle card to understand how I approach the other people in the project who are counting on me to continue.  I see a bear in this oracle card.  There is dignity and calmness in its expression.  The message of this oracle card is "More wisdom."  Immediately I relate this to the situation I am experiencing.  My strengths and vulnerabilities can be the beginning of a new awareness.  Instead of struggle, I can look deeper and see that the power to create change may be as simple as breathing.

Try this for yourself.  Go to www.journeyoracle.com and click on the free interactive reading.  Think of a situation for which you would like some advice, follow the prompts to choose an oracle card, then choose a page of insights about how your situation came to be this way, or what to do about it.


Understanding a Journey Oracle card is like solving a riddle or grasping a dream--meaning is hidden in plain sight, and its discovery brings a lightning strike of revelation.  And that lightning strike is the feeling of synchronicity.